Templeton Hotel General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The Templeton Hotel respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. The purpose of this Policy is to outline how we deal with the collection and processing of any personal data gathered from either our website or during the use of the hotel services. This includes when you make a booking to stay, sign up to our newsletter, request information on any of our facilities, book for dining, take part in a competition or any other service we offer.
This policy includes the relevant requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation* and is effective from 25th May 2018.
*General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679). Personal Data is subject to the legal safeguards specified in the GDPR.
DATA CONTROLLER: the person or organisation that determines when, why and how to process Personal Data. They are responsible for establishing practices and policies in line with the GDPR. The Templeton Hotel is the Data Controller of all Personal Data relating to the Hotel Personnel and Customer Information.
DATA CONTROLLER :
The Templeton Hotel Ltd
882 Antrim Road
Company Number. – NI020976
DATA SUBJECT: a living, identified or identifiable individual about whom we hold Personal Data. Data Subjects may be nationals or residents of any country and may have legal rights regarding their Personal Data. This includes our Staff & Customers.
Third Party links
2 TYPES OF INFORMATON WE COLLECT
The Templeton Hotel will collect and use several different types of identity Data which are outlined below:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title and on occasion we record date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data eg. Billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details for payments of bookings and deposits
- Marketing and Communications Data – includes your preferences in receiving marketing from The Templeton Hotel
- Transaction Data – This includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address and other technology on the devices you use to access this website or hotel services
Non-Personal Data comprises of information, collected from our website, that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our web site.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data) or criminal convictions and offences.
3 HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We collect this data through direct interaction with customers and staff, using forms, by post, by phone, email, social media or otherwise. We collect this information when:
- Making a reservation to stay with us
- Making a Reservation/Booking/Wedding/Function within the Hotel
- Request/Agree to marketing being sent to you
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey that we are running internally
- Completing one of the Hotel Feedback Forms
We collect and use all or some of the following personal information for different purposes. Identity Name, Contact, Financial information, Transaction details & Marketing and Communications information.
We also may collect data through Automated Interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies.
4. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- Register you as a new member of staff
- Set up a contract of employment
- Create payments and send staff information
- Register you as a new customer,
- Help define our Customers interests
- Process and deliver bookings,
- Manage payments, fees and charges and collect
- Recover money owed to us,
- Enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
- Ask you to leave a review or take a survey
- To send Marketing eshots and Web content containing Hotel Information
- Administer the Hotel Website
- Comply with legal obligations
The Templeton Hotel would like to send marketing information to guests and will aim to make positive and selective choices on personal data when selecting for our Marketing campaigns, advertising strategies and promotions.
Marketing communications and Promotional offers will be sent out to:-
- Those who have requested information from us,
- Purchased hotel services
- Those who have provided us with details when entering a competition
- Those who have registered for a promotion and, in each case, have not ‘opted out’ of receiving that marketing.
We may use your Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
Opt In – We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company, if applicable.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website
5. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
We may disclose personal data to:
External Third Parties
- Templeton Hotel IT company, Marketing and System administration services.
- Professional advisers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest which we do not have any control over. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Personal Data is appropriately stored at the Hotel and measures have been put in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. It is held on site for the necessary period of time and then disposed of correctly. This period of time is decided by considering the amount and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of disclosure of your personal data and is in line with government regulations and legislation.
Personal Data is only used by the relevant staff members and any third party members will have the necessary GDPR policies in place.
6. CONTROLLING YOUR DATA
Under Article 17 of the GDPR regulations, you have the right to have your data removed from our system, either erased or corrected. Individuals can make a request for this verbally or in writing.You can restrict or remove your data in the following ways:
- Choose the Unsubscribe or ‘opt out’ option on our Marketing eshots.
- Contact us directly on 028 9443 2984 or write to the Data Policy Officer, Accounts Office, Templeton Hotel Ltd, Templepatrick, BT39 0AH. Co Antrim.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changes to the GDPR Policy
If there is a suspected personal data breach, the necessary personal will be notified.
Who to contact if you have any questions about how your personal data is processed by us.
Should your require further information about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, on our collection of data:
Please contact us directly at the hotel on 028 9443 2984 and speak with either of the two designated Data Privacy Managers, Alison or Sharon.